Sunday 18 November 2007

Cooking

Last weekend, finally I had a chance to do one of the things I like in Tanjung Karang, cooking meals for me n my frens, but only simple ones(粗茶淡饭/家常便饭). Hopefully they enjoy those simple dishes, so far they finished up all the dishes, so I supposed my cooking skill was acceptable, hehe... at least could be eaten and could fill up the stomach with no complications eg.stomachache, then should be ok, keke... I would like to thank my friends, because although I was the '主厨'(as what they called me), they all also helped a lot in doing the 'before-and-after' work(cutting vege, cooking rice, washing). Maybe it's something inherited from my mum, she also likes cooking and baking a lot and share the 'products' with others. Actually the joy of cooking is when you cook for others and share the food together, seeing others eating what you've cooked, with compliments or a simple 'thank you' from others at the end of the day. I remember last time when I told my friend that I felt like I'm not doing what I like(as what I would be in the future) and was so depressed, then here came the dialogue between us:SH: then what do u like to do?Me: I like dancing, cooking, baking, singing, playing musical instruments and sports but all these would not be my career because......SH: not everyone in this world has the chance to be what they want to be in their lives, but why don't you do something you like always to make yourself happier?It's true, if you have a chance to make your hobby your career, it would be so great because you are doing something you like everyday. Anyway, if you don't, just don't forget to take some time and do what you like in the midst of your busy life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hopefully next time i can have the chance to try the dishes u cook (",)ya, ur friend is right.Like me, i like writing so much but in future i may not have the opportunity to write as much as i wish, so whenever i m free i will write some blogs lo!

Su Xuan said...

haha...if i hv the chance...n u hv the 'kou fu'(口福),hehe...