Tuesday 25 December 2007

Unexpectedly...



Things just always happen unexpectedly. Life is full of surprises. Sometimes there are things that u'd never want it to happen to u but somehow it happens and these uncertainties are so beautiful. Seeing how things happen to friends around me make me think of the last sentence of this paragraph from one of my favourite books by 几米(向左走向右走)。
They're both convinced that a sudden passion joined them.
Such certainty is beautiful,but uncertainty is more beautiful still.
他们彼此深信是瞬间迸发的热情让他们相遇。
这样的确定是美丽的,但变幻无常更为美丽
摘译自辛波丝卡(Wislawa Szymborska)"Love at First Sight"第一段

http://www.china-hope.net/book/jmzl/zouyou/index.htm

3 comments:

said...

这是我最喜欢的其中一本几米书。
不知是不是加上看过"向左走,向右走"的电影,所以印象非常深刻。。

Anonymous said...

I wonder why I am so afraid and scared of surprise and uncertainties as I grow older. If I have a choice I will rather prefer to things that happen in my plan. I am so scared of "surprise", maybe sometimes it will be a sad surprise which has no U-turn eg: the death of someone whom u love...that is a shocking surprise.

Anonymous said...

i don noe wat will happen tomoro....this is uncertainty
but i choose to spend my tomoro happily........ this is certainty
i don how my future will be... another uncertainty....
i hope it will be a bright one..... that is certainty
we can choose certain things in our life..... but most of the uncertainty choose us......
i belive u will enjoy your life very much.... once u love uncertainty